By Primary Research Group
The 116-page learn offers facts from 50 schools and universities approximately their educational library improvement and administration rules. The research is helping its readers solution questions similar to: what number of educational libraries lately undertook, or plan within the close to destiny, a huge web site remodel? What are the ambitions of the web site redesigns? How is the educational library site staffed? what's the position of the crucial collage IT division? How have web site usability experiences been performed and through whom? Have open air experts performed a task? what percentage libraries have ancillary websites or presences on fb, Instagram, Pinterest and different cyber websites? what number libraries have committees to supervise their web content? What do librarians think of the easiest unmarried items and ideas that experience helped their web pages during the last few years?
Read or Download Academic Library Website Benchmarks PDF
Similar library & information science books
This critical resource pulls jointly hundreds of thousands of useful, effortless recipes and formulation for lecture room, library, and residential tasks. From paints and salt map combinations to volcanic motion formulation, those kid-tested tasks make studying actual and stress-free.
Historical past lecturers and faculty library media experts will locate this consultant a precious source for developing technologically complicated, resource-based educational devices in American and international heritage in grades 7-12. it really is packed with one hundred fifty urged basic resource websites approximately background starting from historical civilizations to 1998 and is stocked with interesting, attention-grabbing, and tough questions designed to stimulate scholars' serious considering abilities.
Answering the decision for values schooling, this choice of stories demonstrates how those people who are trustworthy, beneficiant, loving, brave, shrewdpermanent, sincere, and compassionate be triumphant in fixing difficulties and overcoming stumbling blocks in existence. the various tales are writer originals, others are diversifications of conventional folktales from around the globe.
This wonderful choice of articles chosen from Emergency Librarian addresses such matters as reading and assessing courses, options for switch, application advocacy (including utilizing open air teams as advocates), advertising and marketing the library and its courses, and some great benefits of a powerful dedication to fine quality courses.
- E-Libraries in 21st Century
- Crash Course in Storytelling
- Stories in Action: Interactive Tales and Learning Activities to Promote Early Literacy
- The mindful librarian : connecting the practice of mindfulness to librarianship
- Hints for Teaching Success in Middle School
- Seven Steps to an Award-Winning School Library Program
Additional info for Academic Library Website Benchmarks
20) Our discovery tool allows users to create folders and search strategies; discovery tool is embedded in site. 21) personalization provided through our Library Management System 22) Our library catalog has functionality to allow users to log in and save favorites, access their account history, and create reading lists. The library website, separate from the catalog, does not have these features. 23) Our consortia catalog allows the user to log in and save searches, lists of items, etc. 62 | P a g e Academic Library Website Benchmarks, 2015 Edition 24) Using personalized features on our ILS and blog 25) We had created "launching pages" for Faculty, Graduate and Undergrads, but we found through user testing that these weren't valued and have removed them.
Does not have a webmaster or specific web staff but it is run largely by the central college administrative website staff. 1 Does the library have a presence on Tumblr? 2 Does the library have a presence on Tumblr? 3 Does the library have a presence on Tumblr? 4 Does the library have a presence on Tumblr? 5 Does the library have a presence on Tumblr? 6 Does the library have a presence on Tumblr? Broken out by Type of web staffing Type of web staffing Has its own webmaster or web staff separate from the college website staff Does not have a webmaster or specific web staff but is run by the library through its information technologyoriented staff.
15) LibGuides are used for course related reference materials, how to guides, and general reference topics 16) N/A 17) As a supplement to the webpages, for additional information on course subjects. And as a way to give other staff members content creation abilities. 18) Plan to implement within the next 12 months. Phase one to convert paper subject guides to lib guides and available via Discovery product. Phase two self-serve study room booking via library website. Phase three may or may not happen but may include converting library website over to LibGuides software.